2010 is the year Dance To The Radio, the Leeds independent label, turns 5 years old. To celebrate this fact the label is reuniting some of the class of 2005 who appeared on the first Dance To The Radio compilation release, 'Dance To The Radio: Leeds' (DTTR002), with a new school of Dance To The Radio bands.
'Dance To The Radio: Still Occupied Though You Forget' features new material from The Sunshine Underground and Honour Before Glory plus an exclusive preview of new material from I Like Trains.
Joining the old guard will be a mix of the current Dance To The Radio roster and a selection of our favourite bands from around the world with Paul Thomas Saunders, Rose Elinor Dougall, Bear In Heaven, Club Smith, Three Trapped Tigers, Oberhofer, Bear Hands and (The) Tony Castles joining the party
Released on a glorious 12" picture disc the label will be joining the worldwide celebrations for Record Store Day. Dance To The Radio has also promised £2 of every 12" record sold through the DTTR store will go to the UNICEF, helping out with the current world disasters.
Dance To The Radio : Still Occupied Though You Forget is released on very limited 12" (with a code to download the tracks) on Saturday April 17th 2010.
1. Oberhofer - AWY FRM U
2. Bear In Heaven - Ultimate Satisfaction
3. Club Smith - Lament
4. Three Trapped Tigers - 11 (Edit)
5. I Like Trains - When We Were Kings
6. Bear Hands - High Society
1. (The) Tony Castles - Adequate Sheen
2. Just Handshakes (We're British) - Hold Your Breath
3. Honour Before Glory - Lions
4. Paul Thomas Saunders - The Death Of A Sports Personality
5. Rose Elinor Dougall - Third Attempt (Version)
6. Blood Oranges - This Is Not About Kat (Convincing Everyone)
7. The Sunshine Underground - We've Always Been Your Friends (Alt. Version)
Coinciding with the 12" Dance To The Radio is teaming up with The Brudenell Social Club in Leeds to put on one of the hottest bands at this year's SXSW festival Bear In Heaven on April 25th. The gig will also feature support from Drag City artists Bachelorette.
Melodramatic Popular Song