Submitting Your CD
CD Reviews Editor: Jessica Thornsby, cdreviews [ at ] leedsmusicscene.net
Here at LMS we feature a vast amount of reviews of CD singles, albums and demos. Our archives cover bands from Leeds, as well as hundreds more from around the UK and overseas.
IMPORTANT: We are unable to guarantee that all submitted CDs will be reviewed.
Since December 2008, we have been unable to accept unsolicited CDs and we no longer operate our PO Box.
To arrange for a review of your music (CD, Vinyl or MP3) you should first contact our CD Reviews Editor [Jessica Thornsby].
Jessica will arrange for a reviewer and will notify you where to post your CD.
If you have a preferred reviewer in mind, please make sure you include their name in your e-mail.
- Please do NOT send MP3s by e-mail to cdreviews [ at ] leedsmusicscene.net. Instead, upload your MP3s to your website and send the web link by email to the CD Reviews Editor.
- Please allow for 8-10 weeks from your first contact before expecting a review on the site. You should try and provide as much notice as possible to ensure a review is posted before your release date.
- Have a look through existing reviews on LMS to determine if we are likely to get whatever it is that your band is producing. There's no point wasting a CD on LMS that could have been sent to a more appropriate website or magazine.
- We accept CDs from bands of all countries and locations. Your band does not need to be based in West Yorkshire.
- If you are sending a 7" single, please also include a CD-R copy. Not all of our reviewers have record players.
- We will not return CDs (whether they were reviewed on our website or not).
- We will not enter into private correspondence over the review itself. All members of the site may leave public comments on our reviews.
- Do not ask for a review to be deleted from our archives. By submitting your CD for critical review on a public website, you should be prepared for criticism as well as praise. And remember, reviewers are almost always subjective in their writing (and very rarely objective).
If your question has not been answered please contact the CD Reviews Editor directly.
If you experience any problems please contact the Site Editor via the site's contact page.