Band page created in 2011.
D'Astro live in Leeds and play noisy dance music with guitars and drums. Influences include The Fall, Chinese Stars, Wire and commercial hip-hop. The bass and drums are fat and groovy, the guitars thin and scratchy and the singing excited and sarcastic. There are no love songs, typical subjects include the joy of listening to records, arguments between father and son about drugs and how krautrock will one day take over popular culture.
HV plays bass guitar and sings the man's part. D Millard plays treble guitar and sings the woman's part. MV plays another guitar. Mary plays the drums and sings the third gender part.
D'Astro has played 18 gigs in Leeds • Add a gig
- 2012-09-06 @ Wharf Chambers
- 2011-12-16 @ Cardigan Arms
- 2011-09-22 @ Fox & Newt
- 2011-01-22 @ The George
- 2010-10-30 @ Rock and Roll Circus
- 2010-09-24 @ Cardigan Arms
- 2009-04-04 @ Chemic Tavern
- 2008-04-02 @ Primrose
- 2007-09-03 @ Brudenell Social Club
- 2007-07-05 @ Fenton
- 2007-07-04 @ Brudenell Social Club
- 2007-06-26 @ The New Penny
- 2007-02-24 @ The Common Place
- 2007-01-27 @ Brudenell Social Club
- 2006-07-21 @ Cardigan Arms
- 2005-11-13 @ Brudenell Social Club
- 2005-11-05 @ Brudenell Social Club
- 2004-12-18 @ Brudenell Social Club