Band page created in 2004.
This band is no longer active. It may have split up or changed its name.
The evolution of Parisman begins when Mike Saville and Shaun Halloran, unable to play an instrument between them, decide to start a band.
Having met James Scholes at music college, the trio set about playing gigs in any venue that would have them. Realising that their limited sound was holding them back from creating the music that was in their heads, they enrolled Ian Cassidy, an old friend who filled the sound out nicely. The final piece of the jigsaw was completed when the band asked Hoochy, who the band knew from gigging with his previous band, to join. This is where the story begins...
The first winter Parisman spent together was used in creating and honing an original sound. Regular gigs at established music venues in the North, such as The Cockpit (Leeds) and Night and Day Café (Manchester), gave the band the experience to enter and win FutureSound, the prize being a slot at the Leeds Carling Festival.
Gaining confidence and building up a substantial fan base, Parisman began performing further a field, taking in cities such as Sheffield, Manchester, Wolverhampton, London and notably York, where Parisman won the prestigious 'Fibbers/Carlsberg Battle of the Bands'. Continuous gigging has seen Parisman share the stage with bands such as Four Day Hombre, Nylon Pylon, Alfie, Utah Saints and the Libertines.
With three eclectic E.P.'s already recorded showcasing the bands wide range of musical influences Parisman continue going from strength to strength.
4 news articles • Post news
The Answer To Example 1
The Idea Machines
Responsible for Everything EP
A Lesson In The Art Of Balance
Live @ Leeds Metropolitan University on Thursday, 26th February 2004
Live @ Joseph's Well on Friday, 5th July 2002
Live @ Royal Park Cellars on Saturday, 1st June 2002
Live @ Joseph's Well on Wednesday, 16th January 2002
Live @ Barfly (Sheffield) on Saturday, 22nd December 2001
Live @ Joseph's Well on Monday, 28th May 2001
Live @ Leeds Festival 2000 on Sunday, 27th August 2000
Live @ Woodkirk Valley Country Club on Friday, 28th July 2000
Parisman has played 30 gigs in Leeds • Add a gig
- 2006-04-07 @ Mixing Tin
- 2005-12-06 @ Mine
- 2005-11-16 @ Mixing Tin
- 2005-05-25 @ Faversham
- 2005-05-06 @ HiFi Club
- 2005-02-26 @ Royal Park Cellars
- 2005-01-21 @ The Vine
- 2004-11-17 @ Joseph's Well
- 2004-09-24 @ HiFi Club
- 2004-06-10 @ The Wardrobe
- 2004-05-21 @ Royal Park Cellars
- 2004-04-02 @ Brudenell Social Club
- 2004-02-26 @ Leeds Metropolitan University
- 2003-11-28 @ Royal Park Cellars
- 2003-10-17 @ Hard Rock Cafe
- 2003-10-01 @ Joseph's Well
- 2003-08-31 @ The Vine
- 2003-06-08 @ Joseph's Well
- 2003-04-30 @ Joseph's Well
- 2003-03-15 @ Royal Park Cellars
- 2002-11-21 @ Joseph's Well
- 2002-10-07 @ Joseph's Well
- 2002-07-05 @ Joseph's Well
- 2002-06-01 @ Royal Park Cellars
- 2002-05-29 @ New Roscoe
- 2002-03-06 @ Bassment
- 2002-01-16 @ Joseph's Well
- 2001-11-24 @ Joseph's Well
- 2001-05-28 @ Joseph's Well
- 2000-07-28 @ Woodkirk Valley Country Club